Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Year That Just Passed - BC Bloggers



I can't be more thankful to Paula of BC Bloggers for continuously providing ways for us to go around and make our blogging lives easier. She made BC Bloggers Secret to allow everyone to exchange links with assurance on the quality of the links and with the easy task of getting it done.

This year, she has just started a meme so that BC Bloggers can exchange links easily every week, with the opportunity of getting links from different blogs that will choose to participate, the possibilities of increasing your blog's ranks can be just as easy. And you just have to go on with blogging, there's absolutely nothing to lose.

So here's her question of the week:

“What is one tool, tip, secret (or whatever it may be) that you have discovered  that has helped you in your blogging and would like to share to others?”

As some of you know, I started my food blog last year, over at Sassy Chef. I wasn't really into getting it publicized, and I even hid it to my friends from real life. It's something I want to call, "a different part of me." I want it to be something that I can separate from my life away from the computer, so that it will keep me sane when that other world is in complete disarray. So far, it worked!

But what I didn't expect was that I had many followers over there. True, some of them (around 50) came from a blog giveaway I hosted last December, but the remaining were adding up on their own quite slowly. It was pretty slow, I tell you, around one or two a day, a few times three, and some days none at all. But it really doesn't matter, does it?

So what is the secret? Make new friends. Visit blogs, leave meaningful comments, and let them know that you spent time reading through their post. It works well, and it will gain you new readers over time. Oh, and if can apply to you, try to concentrate on one niche (theme) per blog. This is why I separated this blog, so that it would host the blog posts I make for when I enter a giveaway, or if I want to post a random thought unrelated to my food blog's theme.

Our sponsors for this week are:

No comments: